Re: voice recognition tools

Subject: Re: voice recognition tools
From: "Kay Ethier" <kethier -at- travelthepath -dot- com>
To: <NicoleMuniz -at- cs -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 21:37:18 -0500

Nicole:

IBM's ViaVoice Executive version works with Frame. It allows
dictation into a variety of programs.

I've used it to dictate articles and after about an hour of training
it learned to understand me fairly well (Pittsburgh accent and all).
The full training was about 2 hours, but I skimped and was still able
to get it to work for me.

Kay

PS - The doc set for ViaVoice is done in Frame, so they actually USE
and KNOW the software!

.K.