Re: voice recognition tools

Subject: Re: voice recognition tools
From: "Robyn Schell" <Robyn_schell -at- dccnet -dot- com>
To: "Peter" <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 13:06:35 -0700

I agree with Peter re: voice recognition software.

I love my Dragon. Yes, it takes a quality sound card, microphone and lots of
computer power, especially when used with Outlook.

But after straining my wrist and shoulder with keyboard overuse, I found it
a wonderful labour saving device, especially when it comes to emails which
take up a lot of my writing time. (Too much probably but that's business as
a self employed telecommuting tech writer.)

I also found it's a great tool for composing a first draft and getting
started.

Voice recognition programs have their limitations but I think they have a
great future and will continue to improve.

Robyn Schell