RE: windows, dialogs, views, and thingies

Subject: RE: windows, dialogs, views, and thingies
From: Thomas Bilbo <TBilbo -at- round1 -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 08:46:18 -0700

A good source for naming conventions that have been standardized is the
Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications. Though some of the
conventions I disregard and use my own, for a Windows environment, you can't
beat it's reference for screen terminology.

Like Carlene described, you use the application's particular name along with
the word, window, dialog box, tool bar, and etc.

I do like the term "thingy"... it's fun, and useful to describe anything!

For the cause,

Tom Bilbo
tbilbo -at- round1 -dot- com