Saving FrameMaker TOC in pdf Format

Subject: Saving FrameMaker TOC in pdf Format
From: "Plotsky, Danya M. (LNG-MBC)" <Danya -dot- M -dot- Plotsky -at- bender -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:09:25 -0400

I apologize if the answer to my question is already in the archives. (I was
unable to access the Techwrl site before posting this.) Some background:

I am running FrameMaker 5.5 on Windows NT. I've created a book file
(approximately 300 pages total) containing the following files:

Title page
TOC (generated)
15 (individual)chapters
2 (individual) appendixes
Index (generated)

Our printer requires documents in pdf format. I initally tried to save the
entire book in pdf format, but received a message that the first file (i.e.,
the title page) couldn't be opened. Thus, I decided to generated the book
and then save each file individually in pdf format and combine them later
via Acrobat. Great. Except for the TOC. When I try to save it in pdf format,
I receive a message re: "Internal Error 5564, 5991365, 7502299, 0" and
FrameMaker quits. I do not have this same problem with the Index.

Can anyone shed light on why this may be happening and how to rectify? (I'd
also appreciate any insight re: why I couldn't save the entire book as pdf
in this first place [as I've been able to do with shorter books], and thus
avoid this frustration altogether!)

I'd appreciated your responding to me directly, as I receive the digest.

TIA,

Danya M. Plotsky
Technical Communications Coordinator
Matthew Bender, a part of LEXIS Publishing
Danya -dot- M -dot- Plotsky -at- bender -dot- com

P.S. I tried--and am having difficulty--cross-posting this message to the
Framers list. I apologize for any duplication that may result. Geez, it's
just been one of those days.