Re: voice recognition tools

Subject: Re: voice recognition tools
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: Robyn Schell <Robyn_schell -at- dccnet -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:04:44 -0700

Robyn Schell wrote:

> But after straining my wrist and shoulder with keyboard overuse, I found it
> a wonderful labour saving device, especially when it comes to emails which
> take up a lot of my writing time. (Too much probably but that's business as
> a self employed telecommuting tech writer.)

Hi, Robin:

This isn't much help to the original poster, but I find that
regular push ups seem to keep carpal tunnel and similar ills
away. By the time I worked up to 50 a day, I stopped having these
kinds of problems (either that, or my arms ache too much to
notice).

And, as a telecommuter, you will be glad to know that the average
laptop can be used in place of a barbell for most isometric
exercises. You can ignore the stares of other commuters; they'll
just be jealous of your general level of fitness.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"'O 'Melia, my dear, this does everything crown!
Who could have supposed I should meet you in Town?
And whence such fair garments, such prosperi-ty?' --
'O didn't you know I'd been ruined?' says she."
-Thomas Hardy, "The Ruined Maid"