Re: voice recognition tools

Subject: Re: voice recognition tools
From: Barry Kieffer <bkieffer -at- ims -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:25:14 -0700 (PDT)

> Robyn Schell wrote:
>
> > But after straining my wrist and shoulder with keyboard overuse, I found it
> > a wonderful labour saving device, especially when it comes to emails which
> > take up a lot of my writing time. (Too much probably but that's business as
> > a self employed telecommuting tech writer.)

But Robyn, now you run the risk of straining your vocal cords. Now you can't
type, mouse, or speak.

What we technical writers need is that gizmo Stephen Hawkins (SP?) has where you
look at a keypad and the computer generated voice speaks to the voice
recognition software.

But... Now we will get eye strain.

Why can't the doctor install a USB port connector in my forehead?

I could just sit there on my porta-potty with an IV draining into me and get so
much more work done.

Oh well, back to work me.

-Barry