Re: voice recognition tools

Subject: Re: voice recognition tools
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 18:02:46 -0700

Peter wrote:

> Bruce Byfield wrote:
> >
> > And, as a telecommuter, you will be glad to know that the average
> > laptop can be used in place of a barbell for most isometric
> > exercises. You can ignore the stares of other commuters; they'll
> > just be jealous of your general level of fitness.
> >

> Bruce, don't mean to pick this apart, but, I would use a regular book
> rather than a laptop. Much less costly when you drop it.
> BTW, how many other commuters see a telecommuter exercising? (unless the
> telecommuter has a web camera hooked up and going.)

Yes, but you can stuff books in your laptop case to change the
weights for different exercises. If the laptop breaks, just write
it off. It's important to think ahead on these things.

As for the other commuters noticing, usually they'll notice just
enough to give you all the space you need (which is another
reason for exercising on your bus, train, or ferry).

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"'O 'Melia, my dear, this does everything crown!
Who could have supposed I should meet you in Town?
And whence such fair garments, such prosperi-ty?' --
'O didn't you know I'd been ruined?' says she."
-Thomas Hardy, "The Ruined Maid"