Re: Two computer and never going back

Subject: Re: Two computer and never going back
From: "David Berg" <dberg -at- dmpnet -dot- com>
To: "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:31:30 -0500

> I recently bought a laptop and have been using it at work to run the
> application that I'm writing about, while the authoring application
> (RH2000) is on my desktop machine.
>
> I can't tell you how much easier it is to write about an application
> when you don't have to switch back and forth on the same machine. The
> instructions are faster to write, they are more accurate, and I'm
> writing about aspects of the application that I hadn't addressed
> previously.
>
> By all means, petition your management for two workstations...it
> isn't just a luxury.
>
> (of couse, Frank Zappa on the headphones doesn't hurt)

I accomplished much the same benefit by hooking up a second monitor on my
desk. Windows 98/2000 supports multiple monitors. I brought in an old video
card from home and talked my boss into digging out an spare monitor, and
voila, instant productivity! (well, that's what I tell my boss anyway).

And much cheaper than another workstation.

David Berg