Re: Converting text into tables

Subject: Re: Converting text into tables
From: "Tracy Boyington" <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 14:08:26 -0500

What is separating the blocks of text? Spaces? Are they consistent enough that you could search and replace X number of spaces with a separator character, then convert to a table?

Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education
Stillwater, OK http://www.okvotech.org/cimc

>>> Paul Hanson <PHanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com> 09/12/00 01:54PM >>>
I have a text file of a directory that is 42 pages long. The following
is a sample of the data I'm working with:
NAME DESCRIPTION LAST
REVISION DOCUMENT TYPE
000#0001 Standard HELP Phrases
01/04/95 FFTAS400
<snip>

I'm familiar with converting text to tables using Word if you have a
separator, but in this case, there is nothing to separate the columns.