Embeded fonts in PDF

Subject: Embeded fonts in PDF
From: "David Berg" <dberg -at- dmpnet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:05:29 -0500

I have limited experience with Acrobat, and I'm going to lean on the wisdom
of those on the list with more experience.

I know that Acrobat embeds fonts into PDF documents, but I have some people
at my company complaining that fonts still won't show up well on a machine
unless that machine has each font in a document installed on that particular
computer.

Is this true, or is this another tech fable?

David Berg