Online Manual: Installation, Password Protection

Subject: Online Manual: Installation, Password Protection
From: "Kelly Williamson" <kwcwtech -at- iwaynet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:32:22 -0400

Hello Techwr-l'ers!

I am so glad to be back on this list. I used to subscribe from about '95 or
'96 to about '98, have had a long absence, but am thrilled to be back. It's
good to see so many familiar "faces" still here after all this time! I've
been lurking for a few weeks now to get back in the groove, but am now in
need of assistance.

I have created an online manual (WebHelp) which will be distributed on CD
(standalone). I would like to have it install automatically when users put
the CD in the drive, place an icon on their desktop, and prompt for a
password when they launch the manual. Does anyone know how to accomplish
these things? I believe the users will have Windows 98 (95?) and IE 4.0.

I've briefly heard of InstallSheild--is this what I'm looking for for the
installation portion, and if so, do you have to be a programmer type to use
it? What about the password protection?

Any and all advice appreciated.
Thanks!
Kelly Williamson