Re: Pronoun usage in Terms of Service agreements?

Subject: Re: Pronoun usage in Terms of Service agreements?
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:43:10 -0400

Tracy Boyington wrote:

> <<Has anyone written Terms of Service Agreements
> before? Is it ok to use pronouns in them (we, ours, etc.)? Since I'm not a
> lawyer, I don't have that much experience in legalese.>>
>
> I've seen pronouns used in legal documents. They always specify who is defined by "we" and "ours" (much like defining an acronym the first time you use it). But check with a lawyer anyway.

It is almost impossible to overemphasize the importance of having a
lawyer, who is familiar with your industry review the terms of service
agreement. The potential implications from not doing so, could be
financially devastating.
BTW it should be written in plain easily understandable English,
preferably eighth grade level.

--
Peter

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a
minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute-and it's
longer than any hour. That's relativity," - Einstein-