Re: Please send alcoholic beverages. . . quickly

Subject: Re: Please send alcoholic beverages. . . quickly
From: Renee LaPlume <rlaplume -at- flexstornet -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:41:18 -0500

Bonita,
Uh, where is your manager in all of this? (That's my first thought.)
I would think their role would be to, well, support your role.

My second thought is, why does a VP of marketing have enough
time to nitpick the details of fonts etc. - or does he/she?
If not, maybe it's not as bad as you think.

Wishing you well,
Renee

At 11:30 AM 9/13/00 -0400, you wrote:

Hi all,

Some may remember my post from several weeks ago when I was told that
the end user manual needed a "marketing spin." Well, I'm back.

I have just been told that all documentation must be approved by
MARKETING. Yes, you read correctly, approved by MARKETING. The new VP
believes that he can best decide on matters of layout, font and the
like. He wants to make sure that the manual "conveys the correct

spin." Well, needless to say, I am horrified.

As I type this message, I am gathering all of my statistics and
information concerning writing a manual and preparing for what should be
a very long meeting when it comes time to justify what has been done and
why. If anyone has any books, articles, information that they have time
to share, I would appreciate it. I will need all the ammunition I can
find. In the meantime, I drink Vodka, Absolute or Stolichnaya--usually
with Cranberry juice; but after today, right from the bottle.

--
Renée L. LaPlume