What in the heck do you call this thing? (alt-tab)

Subject: What in the heck do you call this thing? (alt-tab)
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "Techwr-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "'kelli -dot- lewis -at- onyxgfx -dot- com'" <kelli -dot- lewis -at- onyxgfx -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:41:01 -0400

Kelli Lewis wonders <<when you press Alt+tab, a window pops up that allows
you to tab to other open applications on the system. What would/do you all
call it?>>

I generally seen it called the "application switcher", but I don't have the
MS manual of [sic] style to see if that's official, or just common usage.
Depending on the context, though, your readers may have no idea what you're
talking about, and you may have to either define this name or write your way
around the need to use it.

--Geoff Hart, FERIC, Pointe-Claire, Quebec
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"When ideas fail, words come in very handy."--Goethe

Previous by Author: Online manual: installation, password protection?
Next by Author: Marketing reviews the manuals (was: Please send alcoholic beverag es)?
Previous by Thread: Combining PDFs different page formats
Next by Thread: RE: What in the heck do you call this thing? (alt-tab)

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads