Re: Please send alcoholic beverages. . . quickly

Subject: Re: Please send alcoholic beverages. . . quickly
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Bonita White <bwhite -at- youcentric -dot- com>, "List, Techwriter" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:19:51 -0700 (PDT)

I did multi-million dollar (50 million - 100 million dollars)
proposals, which are more responsible for selling than user
documentation. I usualy took my lead from someone else, usualy
marketing.

Give them more credit than you think. They want the sales as much or
more than you and they will take your input seriously...they don't
get paid without the sale. As far as writing, some of them are
actualy pretty good. In fact, I was in sales prior to writing. Wait
untill you work with them before making judgements

...don't worry, you aren't creating Infomercial or QVC scripts. If
you approach it with a closed mind, you will be in trouble. However5,
do your job to the best of your ability and work WITH them and you
will be a MUCH stronger writer when you come out.

--- Bonita White <bwhite -at- youcentric -dot- com> wrote:
> But its a document that people may have to use to get their job
> done.
> Would you want someone to sell you $3 million dollar software and
> have
> the manual that was written by someone who only cared that you
> wrote it
> well enough to get paid?
>
> John Posada wrote:
>
> > spin." Well, needless to say, I am horrified.
> > Why? It is only a document.
> > Jeezzz..., people...we gotta stop taking this stuff so seriously.
> > Do
> > the best you can for those that give you your money, then get on
> > with
> > your life.

=====
John Posada