Re: voice recognition tools

Subject: Re: voice recognition tools
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:47:04 -0700

Peter wrote:

> Now I see why Bruce and I had an exchange about fellow telecommuters
> watching. I thought he was being flippant. I was even more so. We have
> been using a different definition for telecommuting. My understanding of
> the term "telecommuting" is found at www.dictionery.com :

Actually, I was being flippant, and started using the term in the
same sense that you did. But, somehow, the conversation wandered
- something that's not too unusual on this list. :-)

However, it's true that even telecommuters have to come into the
office now and again. Because I'm doing it so seldom, I find that
the few times I do rub shoulders with daily commuters, I wonder
how they can stand it.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"'O 'Melia, my dear, this does everything crown!
Who could have supposed I should meet you in Town?
And whence such fair garments, such prosperi-ty?' --
'O didn't you know I'd been ruined?' says she."
-Thomas Hardy, "The Ruined Maid"