RE: Please send alcoholic beverages. . . quickly

Subject: RE: Please send alcoholic beverages. . . quickly
From: Darriel Dawne <ddawne -at- infowave -dot- com>
To: 'Bonita White' <bwhite -at- youcentric -dot- com>, 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:31:12 -0700

Bonita White wrote:
<snip>
I have just been told that all documentation must be approved by
MARKETING. Yes, you read correctly, approved by MARKETING. The new VP
believes that he can best decide on matters of layout, font and the
like. He wants to make sure that the manual "conveys the correct spin."
Well, needless to say, I am horrified.

Funny how we all work differently - I've been trying to get marketing MORE
involved.
While I'm able to create a good layout and select respectable fonts for our
templates, I'd rather leave these details to the people who have more
training, experience and insight into these matters.
Our company has just rebranded, and I want our manuals to fit in with the
corporate look and feel. I seek out input from the product managers and
often "borrow" front matter for the manuals (features, benefits, overviews
etc.) from their marketing materials.

As long as input from marketing has no negative impact on usability or
accuracy I'm all for it.