RE: Please send alcoholic beverages. . . quickly

Subject: RE: Please send alcoholic beverages. . . quickly
From: "William.Buckheit" <William -dot- Buckheit -at- yellowcorp -dot- com>
To: "'Humbird, Len'" <len -dot- humbird -at- intel -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 13:06:53 -0500

Len wrote:

"Now unless someone changed the rules on me while I was cave-dwelling,
manuals are shipped with the product AFTER it has been marketed and sold.
It is a rare
occasion where a manual is considered marcom material. That's because
people don't read them unless they have a problem to be solved. "

It's actually not a rare occasion when you are a company that is
manufacturing specialized equipment and or machinery with a healthy price
tag. I've worked at two organizations in the last 5 yrs where the customer
made the decision to buy based on the quality and ease of use of the
documentation.

If you responsible for purchasing several million USD worth of equipment,
you want to make sure that the information that your people will need to
operate and maintain the equipment is available and understandable.

Bill Buckheit
Training and Development
william -dot- buckheit -at- yellowcorp -dot- com
(913) 344-3272

"Who are you and what do you do?
"I am a moral outcast."
"Oh, it's always nice to meet another writer."