Printing numbered pages in PDF files

Subject: Printing numbered pages in PDF files
From: Tara English-Sweeney <tesweeney -at- novadigm -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:01:46 -0400

We are wondering how you handle an issue that we just ran into.

Imagine you have a Word document that includes a title page and a table of
contents. The pages are numbered "i" and "ii".
Now, this document is delivered via a PDF file.
The user chooses to print pages 1 & 2 - as indicated by the footer in the
document.
What really happens, of course, is that pages "i" & "ii" get printed because
these are REALLY the first two pages in the PDF file.

How do you handle this? Initially, we considered taking the page numbers out
of the footers, but if someone prints the documentation - they will be lost
without page numbers.

I look forward to hearing your ideas.
Thanks.
Tara