RE: Printing numbered pages in PDF files

Subject: RE: Printing numbered pages in PDF files
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:06:37 -0400

Hallo:

My numbering runs into exactly that situation with PDF. There is no way for
the PDF to pick up your particular book-numbering conventions.

I leave it alone and up to the end-user to figure out. You could change your
numbering style to accommodate this, by starting with the cover being page
1, and number n+1 through the rest of your book, without using roman
numerals or restarting numbering for chapters. Obviously, if you do this,
you might not display page numbers on all pages, such as the cover, so the
first printed page number might be 4 (after cover, back side of the cover,
and two copyright or other pages) and not 1.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com