RE: Please send alcoholic beverages. . . quickly

Subject: RE: Please send alcoholic beverages. . . quickly
From: Barry Kieffer <bkieffer -at- ims -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 14:59:27 -0700 (PDT)

Ahh, approval is a funny concept. I remember a service manager coming to me and telling
me he was sorry for holding up the release of the service manual because he was too
(self) busy to review it in the four weeks I gave him. (Many others reviewed it and I
made many revisions while waiting for Mr. Service.)

No problem, I told him, the service manual has already been released.

But you can not release it without my approval, he questionaly told me.

Ahh, but I can...

Same goes for marketing. If they want you to use "bones font" because they think it
would look cool, all you have to say is: "Thanks for the input", and go about your
business.

I once had an engineer tell me to make the changes they marked up, return the marked up
copy with a copy of the new document, and if all the changes were made as they
specified, they would approve it.

No problem I said, I will do exactly that, unless something comes up (like the sun).

> Katie Kearns <kkearns -at- cisco -dot- com> writes:
> I guess my point is, that while I welcome input from all the people working
> on the project, I think I'd be a tad upset if everything I did suddenly had
> to be expressly approved by some marketing guy. Same if an engineer,
> tester, etc had to expressly approve it.

Regards,

Barry Kieffer
Senior Technical Writer
Integrated Measurement Systems, Inc.