The repeated/quoted text in your message

Subject: The repeated/quoted text in your message
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:47:45 -0700

> At 01:06 PM 9/13/00 -0500, William.Buckheit wrote:
> >Len wrote:
> >
> >"Now unless someone changed the rules on me while I was cave-dwelling,
> >manuals are shipped with the product AFTER it has been marketed and sold.
> >It is a rare
> >occasion where a manual is considered marcom material. That's because
> >people don't read them unless they have a problem to be solved. "
> >
> >It's actually not a rare occasion when you are a company that is
> >manufacturing specialized equipment and or machinery with a healthy price
> >tag. I've worked at two organizations in the last 5 yrs where the customer
> >made the decision to buy based on the quality and ease of use of the
> >documentation.

Sure! That's how I made a decision on what VCR to purchase: I looked at
the User Guide and I looked at the remote control. Most VCRs do what I
want in a VCR so why not look for user friendliness like a book you can
understand and a control where you can push one button instead of three?

Marilynne

> >If you responsible for purchasing several million USD worth of equipment,
> >you want to make sure that the information that your people will need to
> >operate and maintain the equipment is available and understandable.
> >

> >Bill Buckheit
> >Training and Development
> >william -dot- buckheit -at- yellowcorp -dot- com
> >(913) 344-3272
> >
> >"Who are you and what do you do?
> >"I am a moral outcast."
> >"Oh, it's always nice to meet another writer."

Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM
marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com