HTML to PDF Online

Subject: HTML to PDF Online
From: "Clinton C. Owen" <ccowen -at- sinclair -dot- net>
To: Tech Writer List <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:07:13 -0700

>Does anyone know of a way to link from an html page to a specific
page in a
>pdf file? I'm developing an intranet site in which I would like to
put links
>for specific procedures and policies to a pdf of the employee
handbook. If
>possible, I would like to link directly to the correct page.

Good news and bad news. I know that it can be done, my company uses a
feature like this to generate custom reports on our web
site. But I don't know how to do it, because I am not the HTML whiz.
In our system you can generate a list of items on the web site
then click a button and your report magically turns into a pdf within
a few seconds, to be saved, printed, or whatever. It looks like
you could store your text in a database somewhere and have the pdf
generated on the fly when needed. This might be a feature from
Adobe that can be loaded on your servers.

Hope this helps a little.

Clint Owen