RE: Mutlimedia demo script!

Subject: RE: Mutlimedia demo script!
From: "Philip Boyer" <pboyer -at- dimasys -dot- com>
To: "OSSAMA NABEL" <ONB -at- ARIA -dot- COM -dot- EG>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:11:42 -0500

Ossama has questions about a multimedia demo: "I'm not sure how to start, or
how to write an interesting script that's neither a "high-pressured" sales
pitch nor even a monotonous documentary comment. Can anyone help me with the
guidelines I should keep in mind to prepare the demo scenario and text?"

I'm setting up the demo for our software as kind of a
lecture/question-and-answer session. I start out setting up a couple of
problems. (You've got data flying at you from all directions. How do you
know what's important? How do you turn the data into meaningful
information?) Then, using graphics and a bit of animation, I briefly discuss
our company and how we developed the software (We used an industry focus
group of our current customers.) and cover the major points that make our
software unique. Then I demo the areas of the software we want to show.
Throughout the demo, I have "new users" asking questions, posing problems
that our software can solve. Instead of a monotonous narrator (me), the
viewers hear people asking questions that are on their minds as well.

I use off-screen voices and have hands, pointers, and different colored
squares to highlight important areas of the software.

This demo I am not making interactive because we're going to be showing it
at our customer conference. When it comes time to distribute the demo, I'll
add the interactivity.

Philip

P.S. I'm using Director 8 to create the demo. I'm still a novice and haven't
quite got the hang of Lingo scripting yet, but I like what Director can do.