Re: Embeded fonts in PDF

Subject: Re: Embeded fonts in PDF
From: cdavidso -at- ionline -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:16:23 -0400

David Berg wrote:
>I know that Acrobat embeds fonts into PDF documents, but I have some
>people at my company complaining that fonts still won't show up well on
>a machine unless that machine has each font in a document installed on
>that particular computer.

David, did you get an answer?

I am in a similar boat, with perhaps less knowledge and experience than
David. I'm creating sales fact sheets in Word 97, based on a Word
template that uses Tahoma for body text and ZurichBlkExBT for headings.
We want to provide an electronic file (Word or PDF) to our sales staff,
and let them print out small quantities of the fact sheet onto
letterhead, as they need them.

I found a message in the archives from Emru which reads in part:
>1) Always use Adobe Type 1 fonts.

I believe that the two fonts I'm using are True Type fonts. Does anyone
know if these fonts (Tahoma and ZurichBlkExBT) are available as Adobe
Type 1 fonts? It's early in our sales season, but I'd still hate to have
to redesign the documents at this stage.

Also, do I need to somehow embed the template (if such a thing is
possible) to make sure that all other layout features are also reflected
in the PDF?

Thanks,
Carolyn
(a technical writer who's just been assigned to the Marketing Dept!)
Sent with ZotMail - http://www.zotmail.com