Re: Please send alcoholic beverages. . . quickly

Subject: Re: Please send alcoholic beverages. . . quickly
From: Elizabeth Ross <beth -at- vcubed -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:42:19 -0400

I relish attaching that sign-off form to my documents and circulating it
widely. Marketing, Engineering, FAE - all get a chance to review and
sign-off on documents. Why?

When something goes wrong, and with documentation something always does,
it's not just my butt on the line. All the people who sign off on that
document share in the responsibility.

Accusations of "You screwed up! The manual says <blah blah blah>" tend to
evaporate when I smile sweetly and point out that all these other people
missed it too. Then, we get down to fixing the problem rather than playing
the blame game.

And that makes my life ever so much easier.

My $.02 Cdn.
--
Elizabeth Ross
Senior Technical Writer, V3 Semiconductor Corp.