Usability Testing of Web Sites

Subject: Usability Testing of Web Sites
From: "EXT-Hornoi-Centerwall, Theodore" <Theodore -dot- Hornoi-Centerwall -at- PSS -dot- Boeing -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>, "'dorr -at- ORRNET -dot- com'" <dorr -at- ORRNET -dot- com>, "'LHiggins -at- carrieraccess -dot- com'" <LHiggins -at- carrieraccess -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 08:15:10 -0700

I wish to thank publicly two members of TECHWR-L, Lisa Higgins and David Orr, for their valuable insights and information regarding usability testing of web sites.

Based on what Lisa and David say, it would be a good idea to keep a lookout for the following in relation to web site testing:

* CarrierAccess.com
* Orr & Associates Corporation
* The Usability Group
* Jeff Rubin
* Dave Rinehart
* user experience testing
* spiral development methodology

Again, thanks for the insights. The dynamics that are driving web site testing are worthy of understanding, since the market will shape the content as well as the manner in which testing is performed. That's no great insight, possibly, but it does raise some interesting issues that others on TECHWR-L may wish to explore. Oh well, another thread for another time.

The foregoing comments express my views and are not those of my employer, COMSYS, my customer, Boeing, or my colleagues.

<glajec>
Ted Hornoi-Centerwall
Technical Writer
CAS-CADE and CATIA Small Apps (6-6C11)
425-477-4421 7-311.1 1C13-1.2 MS 6F-06
http://www-ads.ca.boeing.com/w&e/index.html

The Internet is best imagined as a virtual point of light
into which will be distilled all the commerce and
culture of the [human] race. -- George Gilder (Forbes 8/21/00)