Re: Word implication

Subject: Re: Word implication
From: Elizabeth Ross <beth -at- vcubed -dot- com>
To: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:29:07 -0400

A stay-at-home mom is a person who has taken on the full-time task of
raising a child or children. I am not a mother myself, but I would say that
implying that a mom is "home all day eating bon-bons and reading books"
denigrates stay-at-home moms who have one of the hardest, and most
important, jobs I know of.
--
Elizabeth Ross
Senior Technical Writer, V3 Semiconductor Corp.