RE: Screen captures in .GIF format or .JPG format

Subject: RE: Screen captures in .GIF format or .JPG format
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:34:03 -0400

Use PNG. It's smaller file sizes support the same kind of images as GIF.
Plus, most newer browsers support PNG nowadays.

GIF would be my second choice followed by JPEG last. The problem is JPEG is
a lossy format, so you will see blurring and the like in something as sharp
as a screen capture. In a photograph, lost pixels are not noticed. The
debate should be between GIF and PNG, JPEG is a non-starter <vbg>. Let the
games begin . . ..

Sean<br>
sean -at- quodata -dot- com