Writing Simple English for International Audiences

Subject: Writing Simple English for International Audiences
From: Sandra Rybarczyk <SRybarcz -at- stewart -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:54:13 -0500

A friend who works for an international geophysical data processing company
wants to know
"Are there any published standards for writing documentation using
a minimal set of English words? My interest is simple English, best
suited for
non-native English readers. I think such a standard would be
incredibly useful."

I've searched the periodical area of the STC website for the terms
international, minimal,
simplified, global, native, and English with some success.
Any other suggestions?

Sandra Rybarczyk, Landata Systems Inc.

Phone: 713-625-8315 Fax: 713-993-0704 Email:
srybarcz -at- stewart -dot- com