AW: Writing Simple English for International Audiences

Subject: AW: Writing Simple English for International Audiences
From: Ballenberger Gerd <Gerd -dot- Ballenberger -at- med -dot- siemens -dot- de>
To: Sandra Rybarczyk <SRybarcz -at- stewart -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:40:26 +0200

Sandra Rybarczyk asked for a fried: "Are there any published standards for
writing documentation using a minimal set of English words? My interest
is simple English, best suited for non-native English readers. I think
such a standard would be incredibly useful."

Some years ago we bought a binder "Simplified English, A Guide for the
Preparation of Aircraft Maintenance Documentation in the International
Aerospace Maintenance Language" from BDC Publishing Services, Slack Lane,
Derby. DE3 3FL, U.K., phone 0332 47123.

Specialized, but nevertheless informative.

Regards,
Gerd -dot- Ballenberger -at- med -dot- siemens -dot- de
Siemens Medical Systems,
Erlangen, Germany