Background Color from .CHM Won't Appear in PDF

Subject: Background Color from .CHM Won't Appear in PDF
From: Karen Casemier <karen -dot- casemier -at- provia -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 07:48:47 -0400

I've searched the Techwhirler archives, the RoboHelp Community Archives, and
the Adobe site for information on this one.

I often generate a "printable" manual from our compiled HTML help by
printing the entire help system directly to PDF (print the file, then choose
the appropriate printer, such as distiller or PDF writer). I never had any
problems. However, I just started a new job at a difference company. When I
tried to print a .chm, I lost all the background color in the resulting PDF
(such as colored backgrounds for tips and notes, shaded tables, and reverse
text for the top-level heading). The PDF did properly reproduce colored
text. At my previous job, this never happened, so I'm not sure what is going
wrong. I'm on NT (vs. Windows 98 at my previous job), so that could be a
problem. I've played with all the job options, but it hasn't made a
difference. Any suggestions are appreciated (I'm new to NT, so there may be
something obvious that I haven't thought of).

Karen R. Casemier
Senior Technical Writer
Provia Software
karen -dot- casemier -at- provia -dot- com