Antwort: RE: Conditional Chaptering

Subject: Antwort: RE: Conditional Chaptering
From: kerstin -dot- molthagen -at- etas -dot- de
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:58:06 +0200

Hi Michele!

Michele Marques wrote (14.09.2000):

>Michael Little wants to implement "conditional chaptering", i.e., to have
>entire chapters that are not used in certain conditions.
>[...]
>In FrameMaker this is easy, just create separate book files, each named
for
>the appropriate condition and containing the appropriate chapter files. If
>you regenerate before printing each book, the numbering and
cross-references
>will be updated.

I have a similar problem - I have a series of documents which share about
half the chapters. These shared chapters contain cross-references to the
individual parts which have caused me some trouble. What you describe here
may be the solution, but I have missed the original posting and don't know
which version of FrameMaker you are talking about - 5.5 or 6.0?

Ciao,
Kerstin