RE: FU word implication

Subject: RE: FU word implication
From: Janet Valade <janetv -at- systech -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:00:17 -0700

> > I've gotten two sides:
> >
> > 1) Someone who stays at home, works PT or FT at a job non-related to
> > household duties, and is available for the children.
> >
> > 2) Someone who stays at home and only does house-related duties and
> > takes care of the children.

Well, let me ask this. When you are watching "Do you want to be a
Millionnaire" and Regis asks the lady contestant what she does and she says,
"I'm a stay-at-home mom", does Regis then ask her what she does while she is
staying at home? Or does he stop asking her career questions at that point?
Don't we all assume that she considers her home and family to be her
full-time job?

Janet

Janet Valade
Technical Writer