Re: Copyright: another resource

Subject: Re: Copyright: another resource
From: "R A Downey" <rdowney -at- Matrox -dot- COM>
To: "Robyn Schell" <Robyn_schell -at- dccnet -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:16:55 -0400

Here's my list of Copyright in Canada links

http://www.pubcouncil.ca/ Canadian Publishers' Council, specifically :
http://www.pubcouncil.ca/ipc.html The mandate of Intellectual Property
Committee is to provide members of Council with leadership in examining
matters of copyright and/or technology as they relate to publishing. A great
list of links and discussion papers. Although, more up to date versions can
be found on the CIPO/OPIC site (listed below).

http://www.cancopy.com/- CANCOPY Canadian Copyright Licensing Agency.
CANCOPY, the Canadian Copyright Licensing Agency, is a not-for-profit agency
established in 1988 by Canadian writers and publishers to license public
access to copyright works. The agency now represents a vast international
repertoire along with more than 4,100 Canadian writers, artists and
photographers, 397 Canadian newspaper, magazine and book publishers, and
CANCOPY's 30 member organizations.

http://cipo.gc.ca/ CIPO/OPIC Canadian Intellectual Property Office - Office
de la propriété intellectuelle.
The Canadian Intellectual Property Office is responsible for the
administration and processing of the greater part of Intellectual Property
in Canada. Includes information on:
Patents, Trade-marks, Copyright, Industrial design, Integrated Circuit
Topography, Searchable Databases, Consultation and Discussion and more.

The following are just links to Copyright information, they are not -
directly - related to Canadian Law:

http://www.csc.twu.ca/rsutc/cite/CitatationsOfInternet.html Citing The Net
by Richard J. Sutcliffe Assoc. Professor Computing Science and Mathematics
Trinity Western University, or as his document explains: Sutcliffe, Richard
J. <Mailto:rsutc -at- twu -dot- ca> "Citing The Net" 1996 10 03
<http://www.csc.twu.ca/rsutc/cite/CitatationsOfInternet.html> (1996 10 04)

http://www.ivanhoffman.com/
IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D. Attorney At Law Internet and Intellectual Property
Law
Lawyering With Integrity SM Proactive, Forward Looking Legal and Business
Advice. Includes: numerous articles dealing with copyright for writers,
publishers, electronic rights/internet, web site designers and site owner,
about trademarks and e-THICS(SM).

http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/lawyer_copyrightnotices.html
Ask the Lawyer is a TechWhirl-er feature. This article answers the following
question: I recently updated some written materials in a manual I'm
producing, and I'm not sure whether to update the copyright date, too.
Currently, the copyright notice in the manual says "1998." Should I change
it to "2000" or just leave it alone? Does it really matter?

http://www.gigalaw.com/articles/loc-2000-03-p1.html - The Basics of U.S.
Copyright Law
By the U.S. Copyright Office (Page 1 of 12) Copyright law is one of the
most important legal issues for any entrepreneur or successful business to
understand. It provides authors, programmers artists and others with vital
intellectual property protection for their creations. This article explains
exactly what U.S. copyright law is and how it works.

Hope this helps.
If anyone else has copyright-related article links, please do send them
along.
---
Rebecca Downey
Matrox Networks