Average sentence length?

Subject: Average sentence length?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "Techwr-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "'Thomas Quine'" <quinet -at- home -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:13:17 -0400

Thomas Quine reports: <<I read somewhere in passing that the average
sentence length in written materials has fallen over the years. Does anyone
know where I can find current statistics or studies to back that up?>>

Not here. Terse I'm not. Not even concise. 'specially Fridays. Huh? Nope.
Not kidding. Not a bit. Why? <gdrlh>

geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"When ideas fail, words come in very handy."--Goethe