RE: FU word implication [how CAN you take this seriously?]

Subject: RE: FU word implication [how CAN you take this seriously?]
From: "Humbird, Len" <len -dot- humbird -at- intel -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 12:39:07 -0700

Implications? Connotations? If you're worried about those, then let's try
some euphemisms on for size:

First of all, you are a site administrator, charged with maintaining order,
consistency and safety of a place of domestic business, and ensuring that
unscheduled as well as routine local services are provided in a timely and
consistent manner.

Second, you are an HR manager who oversees the development and enriches of
domestic personnel at this site. Also arranging a customized benefits
package so that each person feels cared for. Heck, if you're doing your
job, you'd be like a mother to them, am I right? And isn't that how all HR
managers would love to see themselves?

And if you think about it, you're probably also a consultant, trainer,
domestic engineer, accountant, warehouse manager, etc.

What's really important is not the implications others have; it's what you
see in yourself. It's you, having beaming self-confidence and self-respect
about who you are and what you do. (If you don't have that, then your title
and status become terribly important.) Hey, make it up as you go and have
fun with it. And definitely make some business cards! And stop giving a
crap about what other people think, for God's sake.

By the way, what was the "FU" word anyway?