Re: FU word implication [how CAN you take this seriously?]

Subject: Re: FU word implication [how CAN you take this seriously?]
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:01:31 -0500

I've long had a pet peeve: I'll be behind some woman (sometimes with small
children in tow) in the checkout line at the grocery store, or wherever. She's
writing a check, hands it to the checkout clerk who promptly asks, "What is your
work phone?" and the woman answers, "I don't work." I always have to resist the
temptation to shake the woman and yell, "OF COURSE YOU WORK!!! You take care of
the house, of the yard, of the children...that's WORK!!!"

"Stay-at-home" moms probably work harder than any of us.

Jo Byrd who was a non-stay-at-home working mom.