Re: E-mail newsletter formatting

Subject: Re: E-mail newsletter formatting
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: "Amy Janczy" <Amy_Janczy -at- uclid -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:43:25 -0700

I suggest you put the newsletter on the web. In your email provide a link to the web site. This also allows for some nice formatting.

Personally, I get quite a few email newsletters. I am often discouraged by time I am a third of the way through. I feel like I DON'T HAVE THE TIME to read it all. <sound familiar?>

Marilynne

At 02:48 PM 9/15/00 -0500, Amy Janczy wrote:

I'm trying to help the new HR person here do our company newsletter, which
we send through e-mail (Outlook, in-house). In the past, I was responsible
for the newsletter, and simply created the HTML page in Word (well, OK, I
set up the original tables and styles in DreamWeaver) and then when I had it
formatted right, I copied and pasted it into the body of a new e-mail
message. However, this usually still required quite a bit of reformatting
since the styles never stayed the same and there doesn't seem to be any way
to edit the styles in Outlook. While I can do this quickly, he can't.
Anyway,
we're tired of wasting time on this.

I get several snazzy, table-heavy e-mail newsletters that show up in the
body of the e-mail message, and wondered, how do they do this?? There must
be a better way! Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Amy Janczy
Technical Writer

Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer