RE: FU word implication [how CAN you take this seriously?]

Subject: RE: FU word implication [how CAN you take this seriously?]
From: "Humbird, Len" <len -dot- humbird -at- intel -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:30:37 -0700

Ahah, your evil-scheming true nature comes out! <grin>

If the point is to win a legal case, if you're trying to hide the fact that
you're pulling an income while at home, then maybe you should listen to your
lawyer. On the other hand, if this goes to trial, there may be a subpoena
for your tax returns (which is a whole 'nother discussion!). In that case,
it won't matter what you call yourself.

If the point is to tell the whole truth right up front, then say what you
need to say and don't listen to your lawyer. You'll probably loose or
settle out of what may appear to be your favor.

If the point is to just get along with the ex, that depends on how selfish
and persistent he is. If he's already making these accusations and doesn't
have custody, it sounds like he's a real asshole. But if the court has
already ruled that he's to be reamed every month by an unreasonable and
inconsiderate child support burden (there is such a thing), I can
sympathize.

FWIW, when I hear the term stay-at-home mom, I don't envision much more than
domestic and child-rearing duties. However, the term does not exclude other
activities, such as running a business or going to school. In and of
itself, it just doesn't imply such endeavors.

Len
BTW, this "FU" goes right back at you. ;-)