Re: Sentence Length

Subject: Re: Sentence Length
From: SteveFJong -at- aol -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 10:15:21 EDT

Ho ho, Joe!

I'm sure Joe Luddite (hey, wait a minute!) thought he was being clever by
with his ultra-long sentence, which actually crashed my spelling checker. I'm
sure he thought that a long sentence could be just as readable as a series of
short ones. I'm receptive to the argument; I've written more than my share of
lengthy sentences.

Unfortunately, I literally could not bring myself to pick through his whole
sentence, which just demonstrated that the argument against long sentences is
valid too.
-- Steve

Steven Jong, Documentation Team Manager (Typo? What tpyo?)
Lightbridge, Inc., 67 South Bedford St., Burlington, MA 01803 USA
mailto:jong -at- lightbridge -dot- com -dot- nospam 781.359.4902 [voice]
Home Sweet Homepage: http://members.aol.com/SteveFJong