Documenting multiple platforms

Subject: Documenting multiple platforms
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: techwr-l digest recipients <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 13:46:13 -0700

akram bhatti <akrambhatti -at- netscape -dot- net> wrote:

>Does anyone have any experience documenting multiple platforms?
>
>Are there any companies people could suggest that have documented many
>platforms in one book?

This is fairly common with many pieces of major software.
Virtually all the Adobe products come to mind.

The usual practice seems to be settle on one platform for most of
the screen shots, including the others only if they have unique
features.

BTW, you said that your company is writing for "Red Hat Linux."
It's aware, I hope, that a product written for one flavor of
Linux will generally work on most of the other major
distributions?

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"Monday morning, 6 AM, the clock rings off the wall,
I'm standing to attention with my bare feet in the hall,
I've got one leg down my trousers, can't find no socks at all,
But I'm a coiled spring of industry responding to your call."
-Andy M. Stewart, "Monday Morning"