Halp! Problem with linking to bookmarks in a pdf generated with Acrobat 4.0/Word 2000

Subject: Halp! Problem with linking to bookmarks in a pdf generated with Acrobat 4.0/Word 2000
From: Susan Guttman <sguttman -at- semantix -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 12:14:21 -0400

If any PDF wizards are up and about on this Sunday, I beg for you help, and
fast!

Firstly, delivery is latest midnight tonight, so if you're reading this on
Monday, don't feel obligated to reply, as I'll be sleeping :D

To be clear: this is not the famous problem with link hotspots appearing in
the wrong place, this is a problem with my links going to the wrong
bookmarks.

I am generating a small PDF (under 40 pages) on a PC with Win 98, using Word
2000 and PDFMaker. In the generated pdf, the bookmark TOC is fine and
internal document links to level two bookmarks are fine, but internal
document links to level three or four bookmarks are going to the previous
page (ie, a link to a bookmark on page 12 jumps to page 11).

I could futz a fix by changing the links in my Word doc to the following
links, but that's not really a happy-making solution.

There's nothing about this on the Adobe site or in the TECHWR_L archives, so
I would really, really appreciate any advice anyone could give me.

Thanks!

Susan Guttman
Technical Writer
Semantix,inc.