Why does RH (versions 8 & 9) do this?

Subject: Why does RH (versions 8 & 9) do this?
From: Sanjay Srikonda <SSrikonda -at- invlink -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:43:26 -0400

Hi,

I have a question as to the behavior of RH8 (2000) and RH9. When I open my
project, and don't edit anything, don't DO anything IN the project, say I
just opened my project to view a map ID number, why does RH8 or RH9 for that
matter now prompt me to save the file on which I did nothing?

to further add to this question, how come if I click the "Yes" button, that
file is saved and all is closed if I choose close. Yet, if I choose "Yes to
All" lo and behold EVERY SINGLE document in the project is opened and saved
as both DOC and RTF. Not that they're closed by any chance, they're just
left open all over my screen until I run out of memory.

I've noticed this behavior in both RH8 AND NOW in RH9.
I'm running Word2000
Pentium 333
96Mb RAM (yes, I know, I need 128, I'm waiting, I'm waiting)
5Gig of HD space.

Sanjay Srikonda
Technical Writer-InvestLink
8 West 40th Street
New York, NY 10018
212-981-6144
contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.