RE: QUERY/RANT: Little Word/Acrobrat idiosyncracy... or three

Subject: RE: QUERY/RANT: Little Word/Acrobrat idiosyncracy... or three
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:25:58 -0400

Tools schmulz ;?P

Did you use PDFwriter to create the PDF in Word or did you create the PDF
via Distiller. I would expect the former to barf and the latter to have
fewer troubles . . . barf being technical jargon, of course.

Sounds like you have Distiller, tho!

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

Little puzzler fer y'all.

On Windows NT 4.
Word doc to PDF. Looks ok, but needs a cover.
I get a cover from our arteeste (in .CDR format)
and make PDF out of it.

In the doc PDF, I tell Acrobrat 4 to insert the
cover PDF before the first page of the doc.
Acrobrat sez: "? There was a problem reading the
file. (16)"

Humph!