Tech writers in India (was Re: Need urgent help)

Subject: Tech writers in India (was Re: Need urgent help)
From: "Jane Bergen" <jane -dot- bergen -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "nayana koppikar" <nayana_k -at- hotmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:32:05 -0500

We used to have a list member who was ...it seemed... single-handedly
building a tech writer group in India. His name is Gurudutt Kamath, but
the web page I had for him is apparently not working and I have not seen
his name on the list for quite awhile. Whoa....I just found this...a list
of tech writing jobs in India. I don't know how current it is, but:

http://www.indobase.com/resumes/vtechsup.htm

That looks most promising. I did find the following chapters in India of
the Association of Computer Machinery. Perhaps they can help, too.

Hyderabad/India ACM Chapter
Chair: C.S.R. Prabhu
Govt of India/Planning Comm.
Natl Info Ctr A-Block GO Comp
Tank Bund Road
Hyderabad 500-029
India
gist -at- ren -dot- nic -dot- in
Phone:91.240.141.234.573

Mumbai/India ACM Chapter
Chair: Gabin Kattukaran
National Centre for Software Technology
Gulmohar Rd 9 Juhu
Mumbai 400049
India
boon -at- bhaskara -dot- ncst -dot- ernet -dot- in
Phone:91-22-620-1606
Fax:91-22-621-0139
URL:http://www.acm.org/chapters/bombay

Good luck,