RE: QUERY/RANT: Little Word/Acrobrat idiosyncracy... or three

Subject: RE: QUERY/RANT: Little Word/Acrobrat idiosyncracy... or three
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 11:26:52 -0400

From "Acrobat PDFMaker 4.05 for Microsloth Wierd",
I chose Distiller, of course.

As a matter of fact, Patty Ewy had a plausible-sounding
suggestion. If the first PDF I load uses just
a couple of colors, and then I try to add a multi-color
PDF, maybe Acrobrat gets confused at that point.

When I loaded the document-cover PDF (the colorful item)
first, then added the monochrome document-guts PDF, it
worked fine. (My initial attempts had been to add the
cover page onto the front of the main-doc PDF.)

Of course, that's only plausible. It could just as easily
be that Acrobrat doesn't like to add things before the
first page, or that the wind wasn't in the proper quarter,
or that I was sloppy when I drew the pentagram and killed
the chicken... or... :-)

/kevin