RE: Document Conventions

Subject: RE: Document Conventions
From: "Bowen, Marianne" <Marianne -dot- Bowen -at- Nextel -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:31:24 -0400

I personally use document conventions a lot. I see no reason to make the
users figure out conventions themselves. It is very simple to create a
standard for document conventions and utilize that standard with every
project. When I read a user guide I always look at the conventions section ,
and I believe that most users do. No, I don't believe that my use of a
conventions section requires me to redesign my documents, so far I always
had very positive feedback on my documentation. I try to do usability
testing for my documents wherever feasible, and I know that the document
conventions add to the usability of a document.

Marianne

Marianne Bowen
Sr. Technical Writer
Nextel Communications, Inc.