RE: QUERY/RANT: Little Word/Acrobrat idiosyncracy... or three

Subject: RE: QUERY/RANT: Little Word/Acrobrat idiosyncracy... or three
From: Emru Townsend <etownsen -at- Softimage -dot- com>
To: "'techwrl'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:24:29 -0400

I can answer the MS Word part with a few generalities.

1) Changing page settings (i.e., margins, headers, footers, page borders,
page numbering, columns, etc.) will affect an entire document section...
and, unless you explicitly define a section before doing a page operation,
the entire document section is, well, the whole document. Read up on
section breaks -- it'll only take a few minutes, and it will eliminate a lot
of these kinds of headaches.

2) "Word [moving] the left margin" sounds like you made your adjustment by
fiddling with the ruler... which adjusts the margin for the current section.
See point 1.

Emru Townsend, Information Developer | etownsen -at- softimage -dot- com
Softimage, Inc.
Personal page: http://purpleplanetmedia.com
Recent musings: http://purpleplanetmedia.com/eye