RE: Why does RH (versions 8 & 9) do this?

Subject: RE: Why does RH (versions 8 & 9) do this?
From: Ashley Chaffin <AChaffin -at- CreativeSolutions -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 11:36:18 -0400

Hi all,

We have been having the same problems with RH2000. It's rather distressing
to go through
all the procedures of saving and have that "save prompt" appear when closing
a help project.

My department has also had problems with RH overwriting the doc files in a
project. This only happened to me once - when that save prompt appeared and
I clicked the Yes
to all button. RH overwrote both the doc file and .rtf file with machine
code. I had to resort to my back up of the project in order to recover the
overwritten doc file. Basically it meant all the work I had completed that
day (of course this occurred right before 5 pm) was lost. From this
experience I've learned to click the No to all button when the save prompt
appears. Other members of my department have had doc files overwritten with
other doc file information within the same help project when they compile
the project.

We've been in contact with e-help on this but have not been too helpful yet.
Last I heard, e-help suggested that our naming conventions for our help
projects are causing the problems, but the support rep really didn't know.

Anybody else out there have this problem?

Thanks,
Ashley Chaffin
Technical Writer
Creative Solutions